Haha New Year, New me is such a cliché, I know, I don’t really plan to change myself (other than keep the same resolution of losing weight that I’ve had since forever), but I do hope to achieve some awesome goals for sure…like get rich! (hopefully soon). It’s been some time since I’ve posted owlets! It’s been a busy last few months of 2017, but I am back and hope to work hard on my baby (blog).
Rolling into 2018 and ending the first week of January, I have many plans and goals that I hope to accomplish as I am sure many of you do as well. I am thankful for another year of life and hope to make this year an even better one.
As I reflect back on 2017 and the years before it, I can’t believe how fast time is moving, sometimes I wish it would stop or that I could rewind it and live in a moment that I loved so much, for longer – So much has happened; I was hired into another position in my company, upgraded my car, went to Las Vegas twice, launched my blog and both siblings got married (and more side stuff, but you don’t care for all of that lol). It’s been great 2017, but 2018 will be my year for bigger and better things, I hope for greater milestones and fight all the battles and obstacles coming my way.
As we all go into the New Year, challenge yourself to be better, take chances, make mistakes (I feel like Ms. Frizzle 🚌) and learn from them. I’ve been trying to teach myself not to worry so much, even though I still struggle, I will continue to try not to – it’s ok, everything will work out the way it’s supposed to! So moving forward into the new year, here are 5 things I plan to achieve and hopefully they help you as well:
- Have a fresh mind and outlook – be open to trying new things, learn about things you wouldn’t normally – expand your horizons!
- Have more faith and make bigger things happen – worry less, take chances, nothing big happens unless you take a chance, so whatever that big thing is that you’ve been avoiding – DO IT!
- Getting rich LOL, ok but seriously, it wouldn’t hurt to make a better financial plan – us millennials got it tough with this economy.
- Increase my confidence – Speak up! Try to be more social (this is for the introverts like myself) and believe what you have to say matters too.
- Self-Love – not only about losing weight but also being healthy and loving your person
So there it is, I wish everyone a Happy New Year and that we all make this year an even better one. Reach for the sky! HOOT HOOT!